At RoomRoster, we’ve built a team of sports and technology enthusiasts who work each day to support our partners. Our product, EventConnectTM, connects event organizers, hotels and cities offering a better way to manage communication, marketing, in-depth reporting, and everything in-between.
RoomRoster’s head office is located in downtown London, Ontario. Our workspace is open, fun and is filled with productive energy. We value teamwork, integrity, innovation, professionalism and reliability. We believe these values promote and foster cross-departmental collaboration in order to enhance the experience and service for our partners and customers.
About the role
RoomRoster is looking for a self-starter with a keen understanding of how content can be used to grow a business, reach new audiences and retain customers. This person should be confident in writing long-form articles, press releases, social media posts, how-tos and FAQs.
Our perfect candidate will be able to react to change effortlessly and anticipate what content is needed and when. The ability to analyze performance data and adjust strategy is a major plus.
- Own and drive the creation and implementation of original content ideas and engaging storytelling for all digital channels.
- Implement the brand voice and editorial point of view for RoomRoster and all of its products.
- Become an expert in all aspects of RoomRoster’s business
- Ensure all product content is up-to-date and accurate on all internal and external digital channels.
- Schedule content releases across multiple digital platforms.
- Support planning, writing, and distribution of curated content for digital platforms.
- Manage content library of photos & videos.
- Demonstrate a passion for the art of content creation and find new and innovative ways to share our business.
- Remain current and informed on best practices and latest trends in digital content, platforms and medias.
- Understand the nuances of customer segments/channel and adjust tone/angle to maximize relevancy and connection.
- Communicate in a clear, concise and compelling way to both internal and external audiences across multiple channels.
- 2-3 years of experience in content production and/or digital marketing.
- Expertise in writing and content creation for digital media/channels.
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms and how to use them for best results.
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English).
- Creative problem solver.
- An appreciation for sports and sports culture is a plus
We offer a competitive base salary, plus bonus and employee benefits. Our casual but energetic work environment fosters our performance driven culture, teamwork, and many opportunities for growth.
How to apply
If you believe you’d be a great addition to our team, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line. We thank all candidates who apply, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RoomRoster welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Should an applicant be selected for an interview - please inform RoomRoster of any required accommodations. If an applicant or successful candidate requests an accommodation, adjustments to support specific needs will be made.